Booster Club provides both college award scholarships and need based scholarships
Presented in memory of Cherrye Mitchell and Wendy Schreiner,
each spring the IHS Booster Club awards two $1,000 scholarships to two outstanding IHS scholar-athletes.
Nominees are solicited from coaches and the Athletic Director. Students are selected based on their involvement in four years of high school athletics, academic achievement, and citizenship at school and in the community.
Interlake student athletes are nominated by coaches and the athletic department. Nominations are limited to athletes competing in sports programs at IHS.
Nominations are based on the following criteria:
1) Demonstrated excellent athletic achievement, received athletic recognition (District, KingCo, Regional, State), OR four years of athletic participation
2) Demonstrated commitment to high academic ideals
3) Exhibits good sportsmanship and citizenship. A role model on the athletic field, on campus, at non-participating events, and in their community
4) Considered a leader by their peers and school staff
5) Student government, club participation and community service.
Each nominee will be asked to complete an application. The candidates will be narrowed to 5 or 6 and an oral interview will be conducted by a committee of three to five IHS parents and/or staff.
Need Based Scholarship
The Booster Club is proud to be able to provide need based scholarships for those athletes in need of financial assistance. Personal items that complete the team uniform or practice uniform are covered by the scholarship fund, as well as participation fees and team camp expenses. Students in need should contact their coach. The coach will discuss the needed scholarship with the Athletic Director who will send a letter of approval to the Booster Club Executive board for processing.
In addition, Boosters provides scholarships for team camp expenses up to $100 per athlete, or 1/2 of the students camp expense (whichever is less) up to $600 per team. Additional funds may be available if a formal request is made to the executive board about making a financial request that will be presented to the membership at a general meeting